According to recent reports, more and more youngsters in the city opt for practicing martial arts for getting better stability, defence, mental health and enhanced levels of confidence. Due to the increased stress and long working hours that lead to sedentary lifestyles, there is always a requirement to strike the right work-life balance among youngsters of this generation. Although a fair share of Gen-Y choose rigorous gym workouts, training with weights and take up aerobics and swimming classes, yet most young professionals and teenagers learn martial arts workout as an age-old form of defence.
Wellness seems to be the new goal of life and noone wants to be left out in the trend of maintaining their health. Tai Chi Chuan is a form of martial art which is new as compared to the traditional form of martial arts fitness program and it needs natural and graceful movements with a lot of meditation. Since this is more of a meditative martial art, several youngsters working in high stressed jobs join Tai Chi classes in order to stay fit.
The little known benefits of martial arts on our health & fitness
- Gives you a healthy lifestyle: Due to the entire body nature of martial arts workout, you tend to burn tons of calories during every class. Apart from this, you will also see that the natural eating signals will become more regulated and hence unnecessary food cravings will totally disappear due to which you’ll eat less.
- Workout for your entire body: Martial arts are a high-aerobic form of workout which utilizes every single muscle group within your body. Your muscle-tone, stamina, flexibility, strength and balance will improve through a good session of martial arts.
- Enhanced self confidence: Due to setting of goal, respect for values and positive encouragement, this becomes a part of all martial arts fitness programs and the best reported benefit of this program being improved self-confidence. Since you know how to defend yourself, you tend to become more comfortable in different situations. You can even train your mind as you start accomplishing things.
- Reflexes will improve: As per research, participating in martial arts improves your reflexes while you perform the activity and you start experiencing prompt reactions during all phases of your life. You can find yourself becoming a better driver due to better response and better reflexes.
- Improves your mood: Researchers have also found that when you participate in a daily routine of exercise or martial arts, it improves your mood. Hence, performing martial arts not only relives you from frustration and stress but also keeps you happier. The physical activity releases endorphins in your body and this in turn makes you feel better.
Health should be the prime concern for all of us. We need to push ourselves forward and take out time to do the things that help us to stay healthy. From ancient time period people are practicing different forms of martial art to train themselves properly with best self defence techniques. But, this not all about martial arts and there is much more to it. You can easily get some benefits for some health issues if practice it on a regular basis. Afore said health benefits can be gained by you too when you choose martial arts for you.
Martial arts fitness program is not only a good way of learning self-defence but it also has got several health benefits which you can reap once you start practicing this art at least 4-5 days a week. Get in touch with a professional who excels in martial arts training.
About the author: Angelina is a professional health blogger and content writer. She loves to explore different aspects of health issues and natural ways to get health benefits. Currently, she have started practicing martial arts from jungshinfitness.com and with these sessions she came to know about the unknown health benefits of practicing martial arts.