Our body needs a proper nutrition and minerals to develop and function properly, in the same manner there are foods that are useful for your dental health. But did you know that there are foods that clean your teeth and fight with bacterias when you eat them?
Here is the list of foods that are helpful in cleaning your teeth and fighting wit bacteria
- Celery- Reduce Cavity- Celery is a good source of vitamin A, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Magnesium and phosphorus are the building blocks of enamel that prevent the erosion of enamel. Its abrasive texture and fibres naturally clean the gums and in between the teeth.
- Strawberries- Whiten teeth- Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C that strengthens blood vessels and reduce inflammation which helps your gums to stay healthy. It also contains an enzyme called malic acid that whitens teeth naturally. Mash one large strawberry and apply it to your teeth using fingers. Leave it for 5 minutes then rinse and floss.
- Sesame Seeds- Fight Plague- These seeds are very efficient at the removal of plaque and helps to build the enamel. It is packed with high calcium that protects the bone around teeth and gums. Sesame seeds and sesame oil boost your oral health, use these seeds in your diet as much as you can.
- Cheese- Protect Teeth- There are many benefits of cheese such as it is high in calcium which makes teeth stronger. It also contains a casein protein which helps to prevent tooth cavities and strengthens tooth enamel. Hard cheese work best for teeth whitening and removing plaque and food particles. Try adding cheese in your diet to make your teeth stronger and prevent cavities and decay.
- Mint- Freshen your Breath- Mint is a good source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C, iron and vitamin A. Rich consistency of calcium in mint leaves keep your teeth and bones strong. It also contains a substance called monoterpenes which helps to kill bad bacteria that encourages bad breathe. Chewing mint leaves releases a pleasant smell when you breathe.
- Kiwi- Prevent Gum Disease- Vitamin C is powerful and essential for oral health as it help your gums to stay healthy by strengthening blood vessels. Kiwi is a good source of VItamin C and contains a key protein called collagen that helps you fight periodontal disease. Insufficient intake of vitamin C can make your teeth more sensitive and more susceptible to the bacteria that cause periodontal disease (gum disease).
Conclusion- If you want healthy and beautiful teeth,it is very important to maintain a balanced and nutritious diet because nutrition rich diet maintains your oral and overall health. Second, it cleans your teeth naturally and strengthens your teeth and gums. Apart from this, always follow good oral hygiene practices like brushing, using mouthwash, flossing and visiting your dentist regularly. However, if you seek the help of professional, trusted and reliable dental clinic in Melbourneor wherever you are located, not only it will help you to maintain your dental health but also your overall facial appearance.