Oral thrush is scientifically known as oropharyngeal candidiasis. It indicates a terrible yeast infection which takes place inside people’s mouth as well as tongue. Generally, a considerable amount of Candida albicans always presents in your mouth area. Only when your immunity cannot fight against this fungus so that these fungus develop out of control, will oral thrush happen. There are several symptoms of oral thrush; however, the following are listed to be the most popular: white lesions, inflammation and soreness, which is really uncomfortable. In reality, oral thrush can be seen in almost everyone, nevertheless, infants as well as elderly people are said to be the most vulnerable to this problem. Also, patients of diabetes and vaginal infection are more prone to oral thrush.
You may not know but one of the most effective mechanisms behind salt benefits is its excellent ability to get rid of oral thrush. By creating inhospitable home for fungus, salt will take the responsibility to kill off the main cause for oral thrush. Therefore, it is easy to understand that salt consumption may provide instant relief from oral thrush discomforts.
- Get a mixture of salt and warm water by 1:1 ratio
- Use the solution to gargle your mouth
- Do like this repeatedly
One of the most important benefits of yogurt is to help with releasing oral thrush discomforts. In reality, yogurt is a power house of active cultures, making it ideal solution to foster healing process. More than this, eating yogurt is a good way to improve digestive health. One thing to take notice is that you should use plain yogurt.
- Take 2-3 cups of yogurt
- Use some unsweetened and plain yogurt to insert into your affected area before rinsing off with warm water
- Coconut Oil
Not unlike yogurt, coconut oil is also beneficial for treating oral thrush. Not only can coconut oil kill off yeast, it may also provide instant relief from oral thrush discomforts.
- Spread some plain coconut oil into inner mouth area with the help of a cotton swab
- Instead, use a spoon of extra-virgin coconut oil with your stomach every morning
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Generally, apple cider vinegar is an excellent home remedy for many health ailments including oral thrush. Loading with an abundant source of enzymes which may neutralize the activities of candida – the main cause of oral thrush, apple cider vinegar can make the treatment for oral thrush quicker. At the meantime, this ingredient is able to strengthen immunity health and restore pH level inside your body system.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar, using warm water by 1:1 ratio
- Add 2 spoons of salt into the solution
- Rinse off your mouth with it
- Do 2-3 times a day during 3-4 months
- Tea Tree Oil
One of the most effective applications of tea tree oil is in people suffering from tea tree oil. Thanks to wonderful antifungal qualities, tea tree oil may foster the recovery of oral thrush. Furthermore, antiviral effects in tea tree oil can do good at reduce the soreness resulting from oral thrush.
- Put 4-5 spoons of tea tree oil into water
- Gargle your mouth, using the solution
- Do like this 2-3 times daily
- Baking Soda
People have been using baking soda as an effective method of treating oral thrush for such a long time. According to professional doctors, baking soda will kill off germs, rebalance pH level inside the body system as well as foster healing process.
- Form a thick paste, using baking soda and warm water
- Add the paste into your affected area with the assistance of a cotton ball
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Do like this 3-4 times daily
This article is written by Lyndsie Beresford – Senior Editor of Authority Remedies.
Lyndsie is the apprentice at Nutrition Society of Australia after finishing her bachelor degree of Human Nutrition at La Trobe University.
She is also pursuing her master degree of Food Science at University of Melbourne.
With the great passion for nutrition and healthy diet, her future is brighter than ever in becoming one of the finest nutritionists and dietitians.