Pregnancy is one of life’s greatest boons for any woman and this goes without saying that you should take utmost care to stay fit when you are pregnant. This is necessary not only for yourself but also for the greatest gift that you are about to receive – your baby.
During this time, when it comes to working out, you may face quite a few mixed reactions. You may think that physical activity during pregnancy can hurt your baby. But this is not at all the case once you have got the nod from your physician and gynaecologist regarding this after detection with a pregnancy test kit. It has been seen through research that women who work out are likely to gain much less weight as compared to those who don’t work out. Apart from that, you are also less likely to get pregnancy cramps and constipation if your exercise. Moreover, you will also be more energetic once you start working out on a daily basis.
As far as the baby is concerned, it is noted that babies of pregnant women who work out on a regular basis have more efficient hearts than those mums who do not exercise. This cardio fitness lasts into their childhood years.
Dos of Workout during Pregnancy
- Do Aim for, at Least, Half-an-hour of Cardio per Day – This happens to be an amazing exercise for the pregnant woman. It strengthens not only the heart of the mother but it also improves the cardio-vascular system of the baby. This also help to control weight throughout the pregnancy. If your doctor approves, you can also go for walks, too.
- Do Make Sure You’re Fuelled and Hydrated Properly before Workout –Make sure you have a well-balanced meal and lots of water, at least, 30 minutes prior to the workout session. Too less water and food can result in dizziness and fatigue during meals. You should also not eat too much prior to the workout as that way you may feel sluggish and sick during the session. An ideal diet comprises of 1 boiled egg, 1 small–sized bowl of oatmeal and fresh fruits.
- Do Try to Listen to Your Body –Your body follows an amazing mechanism. After all, you are the creator of a new life now. So listen to the cues of your body at the time of exercising. Your body knows its limits the best so listen to it. If something hurts stop doing it immediately. Similarly, sit up if you feel dizzy.
Donts of Workout during Pregnancy
- Don’t Forget to Stay Hydrated – By staying hydrated you prevent your body to be overheated that can affect not only you but also your unborn baby, adversely. Take 8 ounces of water per day. For every hour of light activity you should take 8 ounce cup of water.
- Don’t Perform Anything That Can Lead to Diastasis Recti –You do not need your abs at the time of pregnancy. That is why you should refrain from moves like sit-ups, planks, crunches and twisting movements that can cause the abdominal muscles to split into halves known as Diastasis Recti that can cause serious consequences.
- Don’t Go for any Workout Post 12 Weeks that Needs Lying on Your Back for an Extended Period– Post your first trimester, lying on the back can make your baby and your uterus pressurize the vessel through which the blood flows back to your heart. This will reduce blood flow to your entire body as well as placenta that can make you feel dizzy and harm the baby.
The above are some of the dos and donts that you need to keep in mind if you want to workout and stay fit during pregnancy. Apart from ensuring that you get all the medicines from a reputed online medical store, this is also vital.
Author Bio :
Akshay Sharma is a digital marketing enthusiast and has written many topics in the related field. He works with Smart Medical Buyer, one of India's largest online stores for medical products. Buy medical equipment, pregnancy test kit, instruments, supplies & consumables online in India at the best price from here.